Today I would like to share with you the recipe of a dark chocolate ganache and chocolate pebbles cereals – no bake – cheese cake. No bake cheese cake is definitely an American classic, but all over the world it has been prepared in so many different ways because it can be made with different kinds of soft cheeses (spread cheese, ricotta, mascarpone..), different bases (crushed tea biscuits, graham crackers, Oreos, cereals..) and flavored with any possible and imaginable topping (caramel, Nutella, chocolate, pistachios, peanut butter, fruit preserve, fresh fruits, marmalade…).
The dark chocolate ganache and chocolate pebbles cereals no bake cheese cake I am proposing today is a recipe I came up for the need to use some chocolate pebbles cereals that my girls wouldn’t eat and that drew inspiration from this recipe by Italian website “Cappuccino e cornetto”. Very simple ingredients, a crunchy base that creates a perfect contrast with the fluffy (almost airy) cream and a thin snapping chocolate ganache on top. YUM! It seems impossible you can get such a good and light dessert in such a short amount of time and with so few ingredients!!!
With the quantities that follows you can prepare one big 9’’ no bake cheese cake or three 6’’ no bake cheese cakes. Of course, If you prefer having a very thick base, you can opt for a smaller size, I would say you can do pretty much whatever you like the most.
As for prepping time, you will not have to worry much about refrigerating for long time between layers, but you will have to allow the cake to chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
INGREDIENTS FOR 9’’ DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE AND
CHOCOLATE PEBBLES CEREAL CHEESE CAKE
4 cups (200 gr.) chocolate pebbles cereals (or chocolate rice crispy)
1 pint (or 16 oz. or 500 ml.) heavy whipping cream
2/3 cup (150 gr.) dark chocolate (I used dark chocolate chips) for the base
1/2 cup (100 gr.) dark chocolate (I used dark chocolate chips) for the ganache
1 stick cream cheese (250 gr. – I used the low fat) at room temperature
¼ (50 gr.) granulated sugar
1 pack powder gelatine
¼ cup hot milk to dissolve the gelatine
Dark cocoa to dust
For best result use the ring of a spring form pan over a cake pad
DIRECTIONS FOR DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE AND CHOCOLATE PEBBLES NO BAKE CHEESE CAKE
- BEFORE STARTING MAKE SURE TO: A. Prepare the spring form ring by lining it with parchment paper and placing it on a cake pad (or any serving dish you prefer); B. Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator; C. In a bowl dissolve the gelatine powder in 1/3 cup water.
- FIST LAYER , THE CHOCOLATE PEBBLES BASE. If you are using chocolate pebbles cereals, make sure to crumble it in a zip-log bag. You can skip this passage if you are using rice crispy instead. Double boil the 2/3 cup dark chocolate and when melted, mix in the crumbled cereals (or the rice crispy). Mix very well and then spread it inside the cake ring. Try to flatten it heavenly. Place the dish in the refrigerator and start preparing the cheese cream.
- MIDDLE LAYER, THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING In a large bowl whip the heavy whipping cream very well until fluffy. SET ASIDE ABOUT THREE TBS. OF HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM: you will need it for the chocolate ganache. In another bowl whip the cream cheese with sugar. Reheat for about 30 second the milk and pour it over to the gelatine, mixing very well and making sure you are eliminating any possible lump. Pour the dissolved gelatine into the cream cheese and mix again very well. Lastly incorporate the cream cheese mix into the whipped cream bowl, stirring manually, and very gently so to keep the cream airy and fluffy. Pour the filling on top of the chocolate pebbles cereal base and place it again in the refrigerator.
- LAST LAYER: THE DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE Double boil the dark chocolate and when completely melted stir it quickly to cool it off a little. Add the heavy whipping cream set aside and stir gently. Pour the chocolate on top of the cream cheese filling and allow at least four hours to the cake to chill.
When it’s time to serve, open the ring and take it away, peel off the parchment paper, dust the surface of the cheese cake with dark cocoa and serve!
LEANT IT, MADE IT, LOVED IT!
TIPS: – it’s very important to use cream cheese at room temperature. If you use very cold cream cheese the dissolved gelatine will solidify fast and make your filling very lumpy.
– This chocolate ganache and chocolate pebbles cereal -no bake – cheese cake is not too sweet, so I you like very sweet desserts you my opt for a few more tbs. of sugar in the cream, or for milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate, or both.
– I love how pretty this dark chocolate and chocolate pebbles cereal – no bake – cheese cake turn out! Indeed, a feast for the eyes!
– If you like recipes that use cereal, you must definitely try these corn flakes and raisins cookies.
It’s not that easy coming up with a new recipe/quantities and having an excellent result… I must humbly say I am very proud of myself 😉
I truly hope you will like this recipe as well, and If you do, please, don’t hesitate to like it, share it, leave a comment and therefor support my blog!
YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE:
on INSTAGRAM: Silvia Italiangoodness
on PINTEREST: Italiangoodness, Italian recipes and more!